Sunday, March 2, 2014

No Post on Sundays!

I wrote about 3,000 words today. Getting dumped does wonders for the creative process. ;)

I'm finishing my deep dive re-write and I've come up to chapters 14 and 15 - my favorites of the entire book - and I decided to reach back into the recesses of my computer to find inspiration in my previous drafts.

Which brought me to reading the first version of Razia - dated 6/6/2003. That's right - I've been writing this stupid book since I was a junior in high school. Funny story - the folder this version is in is called "bobo version." I have such love for myself.

Counting everything, I think I have written this book 5 times over the past 11 years. The first set was only 8 chapters long, maybe 10,00 words - the current version is 18, and coming up on 75K.

Although the plot has changed a lot since then - piece that I had in the first book is now a major component of the 3rd book. Razia used to be much more confident and sexual - now sexy is the farthest thing from her repertoire. But the basic ending remains unchanged - although what she gains from it has definitely been redrafted a bunch of times.

The creative process is fun, no?

Which reminds me: I need to get started on my submission and such. I'm not going to make it by the end of this week - Why is that, Uncle Vernon?


That's right. So hopefully by this upcoming Friday, I will have good news that I have successfully mailed off my second go-round of publishing my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment