Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hello....!

Hi friends - both imaginary and real. Thanks for stopping by!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is S. Usher Evans, and I am an author of many novel series. Most of which remain firmly fixed in the ol' noggin, but slowly but surely, they are being leaked out onto my iPad for mostly my enjoyment. But, after reading them over and over, I kind of feel like they're pretty good. Thus, I've decided to publish some of them for (hopefully) your enjoyment :)

The first book to be published is the first of a 4 (maybe 5 or 6) book series about a fun girl named Razia - or Lyssa, depending on where she is. Razia wants to be the best bounty hunter in the universe. The only problem is that nobody will give her a break, and she's relegated to capturing petty purse snatchers and other peons. To make ends meet, she works in the "family" profession as a Deep Space Explorer. As if that wasn't bad enough, she's also trying to keep two steps ahead of her slimy boss, Dr. Pymus, who's interested in getting his hands on the work of her disappeared father's work on Leveman's Vortex, a gargantuan black hole thought to be the home of a divine "Great Creator."
 
The delicate balance between her two worlds is upended when Dr. Pymus forces her to take on an intern. This intern, her younger brother Vel, becomes an asset when a case of mistaken identity causes the police to think Razia the pirate has taken a hostage. Lauded by the pirates by this, Razia is finally given the leeway to hunt freely...except that Vel shows up, demanding that she fulfill the obligations of her internship. Unable to shake him, Vel joins Lyssa as she maneuvers the complicated underworld of space piracy while still trying to keep ahead of Dr. Pymus, and all the while trying to escape the shadow of her father's work.

...

Sounds like a fun time, right?

 
Okay, so maybe you need to read it. Which you will be able to on.....
 
June 12th.
 
Yep, June 12th. Barring any surprises from Smashwords, Book 1 of the Razia series will be available in your favorite e-bookstore (iTunes, Amazon, Barnes and Noble). If this great experiment works, maybe you could get a physical copy.
 
What am I hoping to gain from this experiment? Not much. I'm doing this more to say that I did it than to become J.K. Rowling. But you know, a nice house in Scotland would be nice.
 
So what can you expect from me here on out? Depending on interest, maybe some excerpts from the book, maybe some social media contests, maybe nothing. Completely up to you, my imaginary friends. The fact that I have publicly announced the fact that I am a writer to people I actually know is a huge first step for me. Not to get all squishy on you or anything....
 
 
 
And on that note, stay tuned, friends :) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment